Born in Liverpool in 1972 Angela spent her childhood exploring imaginative worlds of make-believe and books. She firmly believes that her childhood reading not only shaped her personality but it has influenced her painting and her need to tell stories. Books, like the wardrobe in "The Lion, the Witch and Wardrobe", were a doorway into other worlds.
She studied English Literature and Politics at university in Manchester and then moved to London to work in Investment Banking. It was in a local cafe in Kings Cross, listening to Vivaldi's Four Seasons, that she recalls suddenly knowing she wanted to be an artist. Angela went on to study painting at Wimbledon School of Art and since graduating has exhibited in solo and group shows in London and South East England. Her work has been bought by collectors in the UK, Europe and the U.S.
Angela currently works and lives in South West London.
"Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time" Thomas Merton
Painting and drawing are central to my art practice and allow me to explore the space between fact and fiction. I'm interested in the possibilities of narrative and invoking atmosphere and emotion. My paintings often depict children but are rarely about the subjects, rather the universal theme of childhood - a complex layering of emotion, experience and imaginings. Books, films and photography often inform my work but the process of painting is what I feel most at ease with. I see making art as a form of story telling and making sense of something deep inside, whilst hopefully creating something that others will find pleasure and meaning from.
- The Guildford Arts Group Exhibition, Clyde and Co., Guildford, February - May 2018
- The Affordable Art Fair, Battersea, London, October 2011
- Art with a Heart, Hillside Church, Wimbledon, February 2010
- Art for Youth, Mall Galleries, London, October 2008
- Summer Exhibition, Clarion Gallery, London, August 2007
- Flock, Group Exhibition, GX Gallery, London, August 2007
- Child, Solo Exhibition, Clarion Gallery, London, March 2006
- CHASE Contemporary Art Exhibition, Henry Moore Galleries, The Royal College of Art, London, November 2005
- Three-Sixteen, Group Exhibition, Candid Arts Trust, London, April 2005
- Take 04, Degree Show, Wimbledon School of Art, London, June 2004
- Group Exhibition, Corporate Edge, London, June 2003
- The Guildford Arts Group Exhibition, Clyde and Co., Guildford, April 2002 and July 2002
- Group Exhibition, ING BHF-Bank, December 2001 and June 2002
- Seascapes, Two-person Exhibition, Portobello Gold, London, April 2000
- B.A.(Hons) Fine Art, Wimbledon School of Art, London, 2001-2004
- HNC Fine Art, Kensington and Chelsea College, London, 2000-2001
- Alternative Foundation in Fine Art, The Slade School of Art, UCL, 2000
- B.A.(Hons) English with Politics, Manchester Metropolitan University, 1992-1995
ING BHF Bank, London.
Fine Art Trade Guild, Up and Coming New Artist 2008, shortlisted